Monday, October 1, 2007

The importance of Understanding.

Just started reading this book by a Chinese author Lin Yutang.It is actually a translation of many of the author's favorite excerpts from Chinese literature. Its a book that translates Chinese writings on human outlook and understanding of life .

Haven't gone past the preface yet, but for the first time I felt even the preface of the book captured my attention ;)

Paragraphs that are stuck in my mind are.."Chinese authors put down thoughts as a relaxation for themselves or for their most intimate friends. The sentiment , the mood ,the thought of the moment is the important thing."This almost explains why I like blogging.. A blog is a space exactly to do this according to me :)I could probably use this as a tag line for my blog:))

He goes on to say.. "I am not sure how , but I know that the enjoyment of reading of such snapshots of truth and life does nourish ones soul" I think reading , be it light fiction or heavy subjects gives a unique form of relaxation to the mind.. It is in the author to keep the attention of the reader captured from cover to cover. A unique gift to very few.

Am looking forward to reading more of the book.. looks like its going to be an interesting read :)

No comments: