Sunday, June 29, 2008

A nice Sunday morning and a Photo Walk… Purffect

Today I finally got to be a part of a Bangalore Photowalk. The third of its kind.

And the first for me…the concept of walking to see places for me was from London.. I could not quite do a London Walk… but managed something called a Freedom Trail in Boston.. and ever since have been wanting to do such walks closer home.

I read about the Chennai walks but was never able to be a part of it.. (never consciously made time I guess)

And when I moved to Bangalore and read about the Bangalore photo walk…. I just had to be a part of it…

And yippeeee I finally was a part of it today J

We were a group of 15 people, me a perfect stranger to Bangalore others I must say had spent some considerable yrs here. . We started at the intersection of Richmond Road and Brigade Road , right where the war memorial is.

It was fascinating to see these streets at 8 am on a Sunday morning..(My usual time around Brigade Road has always been post 7.00 pm :)

We walked along the Commissariat Road and clicking several, yes, several random pics till we hit Mayo hall and the public utility building. All the while we were getting tidbit trivia from Karthik n Hari.

Every angle of the Mayo hall was probably clicked : ),after which we emerged out at Bangalore central.

I have never seen Garuda Mall so empty.. well at 9 in the morning what do u expect ? : ) .We walked further down, crossed the football stadium, a fire station, Ashok Nagar Police station, Sacred Heart Church.. J I did a round of Eicher Map (yes I’m glued to the map these days trying to explore the city J) browsing after I came back from our trail.. and I’m impressed with what we covered.

We overran on the estimated time, and ended the walk around 11 ish roundabout the same place we started.

A small bunch of us headed to India Cofee house on MG road for Breakfast post the walk…

At the end of it..is a satisfied me..waiting to be a part of the next walk to happen next month.

Thank you Karthik for bringing the concept to Bangalore :)

Meanwhile I’d probably try familiarize myself with other places in Bangalore with my eicher Map or some climbing etc around Bangalore. This is however dependent on my work scene over weekends L

A link to my album on Flickr

A link to my Picasa album

edited to add : All flickr photos shall have the tag "bangalorephotowalk"


No comments: