Thursday, December 20, 2007

And the Vacation continues....

After 5 fabulous days in San Diego.. i went back a bit sad to St Louis... never expecting St louis to be as much fun too...
My 6 month old niece was a bundle of joy.. i spent most of my time with her..and went shutter crazy trying to capture every move she makes in my camera ;) The weekend I went with my sis and her family to Chicago..Truly the city of Sky scrapers... and to suit the place we did what is called an "architectural" boat trip of Chicago.. where a guide will explain the history and the story behind.. yes your right the buildings around in Chicago downtown..

Its a difficult to get around in the US from the suburban areas to downtown unless one has a vehicle...Of course places like NY thrive on the public transportation system.

visited the Navy pier in Chicago and saw a stained glass exhibition.. Two nice relaxed days and we were off back on the drive to St Louis.

St Louis was a shopping place for me.. i shopped like crazy in the malls there.. there was a shoe factory close by and me being a footwear freak.. bought several pairs of footwear ;)

Theres a stalactite cavern called Meramec a little off st Louis.. Next day went visiting this lovely stalactite structure...Was awestruck with what I had seen... such beauty... and nothing man made about it..

St Louis is famous for an Arch... 630 above ground from where the most enthralling view of the river front can be experienced..
A little motor capsule takes u up the arch.. to an observatory area.. from where one can get a view of the river front.. The arch premises also have an I max theater..where i saw the first ever Imax movie of my life:)

What i missed in st Louis cos i dint have time was the Budweiser beer tour and the vineyard tour..

will cover Washington and the Philly tour in the next post ;)

Adeuis

No comments: