Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cameras..

I've decided I want to own a DSLR.
I now own a simple point and shoot, am not a pro at photography. I dont know if i qualify as even an amateur. Simple fact i like clicking pictures.. and want to own a DSLR..

I have come to these options after some research.

1) Canon Rebel Digital Rebel xti.

(Am slightly more tended to this one;)) Have used canon cameras earlier, they are simple to understand and have brilliant features. Plus have got good reviews of Rebel from close buds..
More than pixels I've read its the sensor size and Crop factor that matters. Plus the lenses are an investment when it comes to DSLR's.

2)Pentax K 20 D

This is a new launch. I actually like the brand Pentax. I own a Manual SLR K 1000 (Pretty much Vintage now). Along with my manual SLR i bought some Nikkor Lenses . Now am not sure whether other brands allign with lenses of Manual SLR's


3) Nikon D 60

This brand because I now own a nikon Point and Shoot.. and love it. Plus the features of this DSLR are also good. Additional point of consideration - My existing Nikkor lenses can go with Nikon products.

So these are the choices that confuse me.. I have to still do a price check on whether it is better priced in the US or in India.. and i have to do it all in two weeks before i can gift it to myself..:)

No comments: