Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A train ride to work...

My work place is just about 10 minutes by drive or 5 minutes by a train from home.. I've hardly been taking the local trains and buses after I got my two wheeler.. well this time round my finger was giving me some trouble because of a muscle tear hence a big NO to my two wheeler for some time... So i decided to take the train..

A short but memorable ride..
The metro station on this sector is actually a lil incomplete.. not enough sign boards.. confusing directions etc....
Morning nine ..(usually considered "peak office" hrs.. )only two people on the platform!! I wondered how a train that stops at the station where probably chennai's IT hub is located, has hardly any body on the platform....

Well my doubts were soon cleared.. a train came packed with ppl.. i had space just for me to stand and clutch hard to the bars next to the door...:) (well the Mumbaikars will sure call this an empty train.. cos there u'd probably hanging out clutching the handle bar and to dear life!!)

5 minutes later i reach my destination... Most confusing station..I just decided to follow the crowd to the exit..and reach the foot bridge to go across the road!.. Phew hundreds of people.. i had to wait for a good 5 minutes to just get on to the foot bridge from the station exit...

My ride back to my home was eventful too..missed my train by a sec.. had to wait for almost 30 mins for the next one.. Just 10 mins from home.. waiting for a train for 30 mins is pathetic..

Anyways i reach my station.. only to realise that there are no lights fit in the station.. results Pitch dark.. and to make it worse not a soul on the platform...I slowly found my way through the darkness to the exit.

One eventful ride it was ;)

No comments: