Saturday, May 3, 2008

Auto mania

Its been two weeks in Bangalore now.I dont get to go out much in an auto... but the number of times i did ,experiences i have had .

The first day I was to report to my new job , just to be sure i reach on time(knowing how bad the traffic can get in bangalore) i left a little early from home.
My b-i-l offered me a ride till about half way (or maybe more than that). From wherever he dropped me i probably would have taken 20 minutes to reach office. Well i did, only i dint reach office, the auto fellow asked me to get down somewhere and asked me to walk the remaining distance.Over that he asked for 80 bucks for a Rs 30 distance... Had it not been my first day at work, i might have given him a peice of my mind.But i really dint want to ruin my day.
So i walked for about 20 minutes before i did reach my office.. and thankfully since i was over precautious that day, and left way too early i did reach office well in time.

Day 2 with auto..... well it wa sin every way a bad auto day for me..
On my way back i dint get an auto at all.. It was 6.30 in the evening, a time when i must get an auto.Not even a single empty auto came by, and when one did, he dint want to go that far.(He would say thats not bangalore... thats Yeshwantpur...
After 15 more minutes of wait, i decided to walk a bit.
Now my office is near cubbon park area.. post dark, this area..(I realised that day) can become lonely and filled with shady guys.
Well as i was walking by cubbon park for an auto, some shady cars kept stopping and people asking me if i needed a lift.. Gave me the creeps, so i decided its best i start walking in the direction of my home and try to get an auto on my way...So i walked.. walked for nearly 4 kms.. with a heavy laptop on me...
My feet were crying.. :( Left office at 6.30 and reached home at 9.00 after walking 1/3rd of the distance.

Have more stories with autos.. but laters.. me off to sleep now...

No comments: