Saturday, September 29, 2007

Read Read Read..

How does one best read? what are the minimum things needed to study well..If i were asked that I'd say a Desk a chair and good lighting.. plus of course the books!!!
Is it better to study in the house.. or outside.. in a library.. a reading hall perhaps?

I am a month away from my exams...My institute has a nice reading hall which i like to go to.. I had stopped going there for some months and was sitting at home and studying, but now i have resumed going there... and somehow i like the feeling..

Why the reading hall i keep thinking.. Its not group studies I am looking for..My need is more of "company" to study..I get a lot of confidence when i see more people study around me.. Time and again people have asked me what is that you lack at home? a lovely desk.., a nice room.. peaceful atmosphere. The best one can ask for.. and I'm not denying that.Yes at home I do have the best comforts..Then why the reading hall..

Sometimes I've even been reminded that as an whenI do other courses later in life i cant expect to take a break and study in a reading hall.. Yes i do agree.I cant say I can study only in the reading hall.. that would be incorrect..I can study even at home, as effective as my studies would be at the hall. In the couple of months i kept away from the reading hall..thats exactly what i realized. And thats why I enjoy the place more now..

All through school I had exams, in fact I don't remember being scared of exams.... until I reached the "board" exams.. where the fear crept in slowly.
Then college.. again there were exams.. the commonality was that in both places i knew a bunch of students rather a whole class or more of students giving the exams around the same time as me. That company I was seeking existed around me in my friends circle and in classrooms.

And now that kind of "company"- of many people just studying for the same exam.. no discussions between them, just sitting together in the hall and studying..Thats what my reading hall gives me ;)

No comments: