Thursday, September 13, 2007

Strange things that make my heart swing ;)

Ok so all of us have some activities which can help us loosen up.. lift our spirits.. it could be anything.. Listening to nice songs.. or jus thinking about the nice things in the past....
these are some of mine....

1)Washing dishes
The idea of soap and water together is just so relieving.. One "chore" that i can do with joy is dishes.One can become a child while playing with soap water.. and music and Dishes is like icing on the cake.. thanks to MP3 players i don't have to lug a heavy walk man anymore ;)

2) Assembling furniture
Yup..I get a lot of joy in putting pieces of furniture together.Its gives me a feeling as if I made the piece of furniture.. It will take hours and a lot of patience but nothing will stop me from doing the task ;) Knock down furniture rocks!

3) Shifting things around the house
I don't like to keep big things around the house.. I like vast spaces.. and with less things..moving them around changing their positions is easy. Keeping something in a different place gives such a new look to the room ,and change is good too :)

4)Dabbling with old electronic items
Pull out the tool kit and check the stuff.. clean it from inside..see if its working.. It could be anything..an old iron box or an electric kettle anything with screws and complex machinery inside ;) I find that a very interesting job ;) I would have been a mechanic or a handy person in some electricians shop had they not told me I have study Physics to do that ;)

5)Cleaning, De cluttering and organizing.
When I need a change.. i do just that.. clean my cupboard, table , dressing table even the files on my computer..Bring out all the stuff.. and re arrange.. Everything feels fresh after that.I love to arrange old books that I want to keep in nice small bundles. Tie them up and store them away.

6)Moving houses.
To most this is the worst task.. I have quite enjoyed "shifting" in the past.Its like mystery unraveling itself..discovery of articles, old letters or small things from the past that one can live all over again.
Plus shifting lets me do all my favorite things at once ;)

hmm .. so thats my list of things that I can do to de stress... this i apart from the" normal" activities like going for a stroll, listening to music, lazing etc etc (wink)