Saturday, September 29, 2007

Surprise..or uh oh.. phuss...

I wonder why sometimes things don't happen like you think they should..How should I react when I plan to surprise a person and the plans go all topsy turvy.How should I feel when I have done something small maybe with an intention to make a friend or a loved one smile and I keep searching for the smile.... Should I be dejected..or should I just shrug it off and say bah.. better luck next time..

Mine is always a mixed bag of emotions.. sometimes I've shrugged it off..sometimes I've just been plain dejected.

I remember the time when when once a bunch of my friends and me..decided to throw a surprise party for another of our friends(lets call him X) at his house in Guduvanchery.We had arranged everything with his mom, and had the timing also executed to the finest detail..his mom had to send him away on some errand, while we wait at his house for him to come back..and go surrrrrprise!!!...
We caught a bus from Chennai and traveled all the way to Guduvancheri just to be able to see the expression on X's face..But our plans were not to be.. X was sent on an errand for sure, but he decided to come to the shop next to the bus stop.. so who spots us searching for the house.. oh yeah X... our expression was worth a picture then !!!

And then there was this time in my sisters wedding.. I had decided to compile an album of photographs and gift it to her as a surprise.. photos since her childhood to marriage..handpicked by me from various collections across the whole set of my relatives...
But bam.. just before i was going to give it.. someone blew the surprise....

There have been wonderful surprises I have been able to pull off too.. which I fondly remember..Like when I visited my closest friend before her wedding when she was least expecting me to come.. Her dad , mom , everyone had help me pull of the surprise..I can never forget the expression she had on her face when she saw me...:) love u R:)

But bah.. whatever.. whether it bombed or not.. lemme keep trying to be more goofy than ever in my surprises ;)

1 comment:

Rutu Mulkar said...

Loved the blog! Specially with the mention of the nice surprise you threw me!!! Love you Deeps!!!!!!! You're the best!!!